Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Oh Nova....

So yesterday was indeed a long day. We got up and went over to Pickler where we edited our two commercials. It was a little frustrating as imovie was being difficult but don't fear Jimmy Moore was there to help us. Oh Jimmmmyyy Jimmmyyy Mooore.... lol. It was in my head all day. I think the commercials turned out okay. We watched them today in class and there were not a lot of laughs but they seemed comparable to the other groups.

We then came back to the apartment for a quick lunch and got on the bus for Quincy. We went and visited one of the television stations and took a tour of the place. It was a cool trip. I got to see a lot of what I had learned in my media writing class in action at the news station. I always enjoy being able to see how things I learn in a classroom are relevant to the real world.

After we got back we made some pasta with the roommate which was interesting but the pasta was certainly tasty. After that Temple and I got ready to go out. I even attempted to get girly for night.

Last night was fantastic and it made a part of me wish that I was staying in Kville for the summer. We went over to Adam's place again where he had some pre-going out entertainment of Adam and his roommate singing and playing pop songs on guitar. Then we walked across the street to meet Aaron. I was little scared to go in because it was my first time going but I had the plan that I could always run across the street to hide at Adams.

We got in just fine and found Aaron and his friends. I knew the night was going to be great when Randy got up and sang Karaoke. Then Aaron was nice enough to get me a drink. Then awkward moment number one...Temple had left to talk to someone and I was standing there by myself next to Jared. I was like I want to say hello to him but I don't really know how to start a conversation. So I just waited till Adam came over to talk to me. We eventually sat down at a table and then awkward moment number two.... I didn't notice that the table we sat down at was the table with my Algebra teacher who Maggie and I call Stevie and my Agsi professor. So apparently they are friends. Weird!

I got up and talked to Canada about random things for awhile and I contemplated singing for like a second and then I thought nope bad idea. Eventually, I found myself at a table with Temple, Aaron, Canada, Max, Adam and Jason Qualls. It was a good time. I enjoyed another drink and a dance with Adam. Also enjoyable drunk townies asking Temple how tall she is and how she is old. Haha.

After Karaoke ended we went to PC where I learned that green shirt's name is Nova. Then awkward moment number three... Jason Qualls saying something to the degree of how he liked everyone at the table and then looked at me and said I don't even know you. I responded with oh I am Kelly. He was like Hi, I am Jason. I said yeah I know..we meet before. Then we pretty much repeated the conversation we had at the St. Patrick's day party. It was funny. Perhaps since now we have met twice he will remember me although probably not. I have a new goal of trying to say hello to him sometime.

We sat around for a little while and talked about truview stalking and middle names. Then we headed for the parking lot where Adam and I shared a moment while all the theatre kids were conversing. Canada drove us back to the apartment around 2:30am and I went to bed not to long after.

My ex-boyfirend aimed me today. It was totally out of the blue but we had a nice conversation and got caught up. We are going to hang out sometime this summer. I am gald that we are still friends. He was my first boyfriend and I am glad that he was because he is a sweet boy.

Class was long today but it was still an interesting day. Tonight there is a possibility of going over to Aarons but we shall see and at some point I will need to study for my quiz tomorrow. Then tomorrow afternoon its back to St. Louis for dinner and the Office with Temple and the Puetz family.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I laughed out loud multiple times while reading this.

And I got shushed by my mom.

NICE!