So its the end of day three of my interim class. I am staying at a friend's place in the white apartments. I love the apartment but I especially love that she left a lot of food in the freezer that we need to eat before it goes bad. BONUS!!
The class is going well and I love living with Temple. It is a true sign of friendship when you can spend pretty much every minute of the day together and still be getting along. The last three days have been an experince in patience with the other roommate but it has been good practice for when I have to deal with people in the real world. Plus now I have another college story. Anytime anything frustrating or ridiculous happens I just declare it a good college story.
However, we did escape from the apartment to hang out with Adam. He was gracious enough to let us hide out at his place for awhile.
Today we went on a field trip to St. Louis. It was bizarre going on a trip to my hometown but still it was a cool and educational day. It did suck having to get up at 6:00am to get on the bus. I slept for like a half hour and just listened to music during the drive. As we drove into St. Louis I could not help my self from pointing out all of the landmarks to Temple. She was kind enough to humor me.
We went to the brewery which was cool but I kinda missed how it related to the class. The child in me enjoyed seeing the horses and the dalamations. The adult in me did not enjoying going to the hospitality where several classmates of age got their free beer while Temple and I sat enjoying our free pretzels and root beer. Sad day indeed!
We then went to Avatar studios in Soulard. It had that cool hipster appearance but yet everyone who worked there was like 40 year olds. One of the guys took us on a tour of the studio where he mentioned like a dozen software programs and all terabites they use and no one knew what he was talking about. The part I most enjoyed was going to sound editing. The "sound god" showed us how he puts sound into commercials and where all the sound bites come from. It was really cool. For like a minute I thought wow this is would be an awesome job but then I realized that I would just be sitting in a dark room looking at computers all day long. I need more human interaction in my future job.
We ended the day by going to Zias on The Hill. It was delicious and I eat to my heart's content.
Then we boarded back up on the Bus and drove back to good old Kville. We got back about 8:30pm tonight. Tomorrow we are going to be doing editing with Jimmy Moore, going to Quincy, and then having a lecture with Diane (the communication professor I love). It shall be a long day but hopefully it will end with my first trip to one of the finest Kirksville establishments for some Karoke.
This just in...crazy jane eat all of the cooke dough ice cream!! So I am eating the Cherry Garica. I have never eaten it before but I am happy to say it is very yummy..
Monday, May 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
OMG JIMMY MOORE!?!??!
Post a Comment