Well I know that I have been bored so maybe you are bored too and want something to read. So here is a little something to entertain your attention for a minute.
I was trying to clean up my room which is always a task. Then I came across my closet which I haven't touched in years. So I decided to clean it out because I needed more room for shoes and clothes. This led to the fun but sad experience of reliving my childhood through the stuff that I had stashed away in the back of the closet.
I found my sweet walkie talkies and I could not bear to part with those because they are just awesome. A shoebox with my old school gameboy and games. I am talking like the black and white screen and is huge. I think one day that is going to be worth money so I am keeping that and going to sell it on ebay when I am on my own and hard up for money.
Haha I also found a box of magazine posters of boybands that I saved. I have some Nysnc and O-town ones. I allowed myself to keep one on each so that one day if I have a daughter I can show her them. My possible future daughter is also inheriting my first communion veil that I also found.
My closet also contains my shoebox of old dance shoes with which I just can't part with just in case my lifelong dream of being a dancer would resurface. Next to that box is one with all my soccer stuff.(Shinguards,Socks,etc.)Had to keep that in case I discover an opportunity to be a awesome old lady soccer player.
I did get rid of some stuff but in general I am bad at cleaning out my closet because I like to hang to that stuff just in case somehow in the future I would need these things or because they remind me of my childhood which I think I need those memories more then ever because I am now coming to terms with the fact that I am an adult.
I dread saying that but everything in my life is reminding me of the fact. The law no longer controls me because of age. My parents are handing more and more responsibilities off to me, which they should. I now get excited about presents of paper towels, carpets, and dishtowels.
With only a year and half of school left, I frequently hear the question so what do you want to do after you graduate? Of course the idea of finishing school and entering the work force is terrifying because then truly my youth is over and no one wants the fun that comes with being young and carefree and in college to end.
I see my family getting older. Both my brother and father will soon enter another age bracket and my sister will one day soon start to have kids. As much I try to stop time of course it goes on.
Moving into my twenties isn't all bad, I have now just become okay with just being me and not obsessing over not being with someone. In high school, I was so worried about it because I was trying to be like everyone else and trying to get their respect because I was able to snag a boy. Now I am more then happy just being me and having fun. I am excited to see where the future leads but I am in no rush to do anything.
Of course I wouldn't object to finding that perfect job right after I graduate.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment