Well that was fun.
My first Freshman week as a legal drinker and it was ridiculous amounts of fun. However, it was quite exhausting and fating. Three trips to PC in one week is a bit much but I can never turn it down. True Story. But this week was a college experience that was necessary for me.
I am proud of my girls. We all fulfilled our obligations but still had a safe time this week. I think perhaps my only regret is still lacking that feeling of confidence. I am working on it. There are moments when I am totally good and then there are others where I am left standing and wondering where to go. Like I said I am working on it.
Well besides partaking in the parties this week I helped out with Truman Week. It perhaps was one of the most surreal experiences of my life. I could so easily go back to that time two years ago when I was so scared and sad. I will just say that it was really nice looking back and knowing what I have gained in the last two years and thinking about what I still have to learn in the next two. I guess it was a bit of a checkpoint and I happy where I am heading.
Oh..Fact..08!!
I am loving the house. It was a bit rough living by myself for a week but now I can look back and now that I can survive being alone if I need to. However, I am so glad that the gang is back together.
I guess I will do a quick summary of the end of the summer since I haven't written since July. My 21st Birthday was in fact kick ass. Goal Accomplished! In fact..it was pretty much a birthday week. My night out with my siblings was definitely an experience. I felt like they finally viewed me as being an adult and they could share their own youthful experiences with me. I have a new appreciation for them. I didn't spend as much time as I would have liked to with my sister but we had a few great times. I don't think it really matters because no matter what I am still going to miss her like crazy after she moves.
I finished up my internship for the Saint Louis Science Center. I thoroughly enjoyed working there. I felt so professional and I think I learned alot. I don't know if it is what I thought I would learn but I still feel I took something away from it. I couldn't bring myself to give back my id badge so I may or may not have stolen it.
Tomorrow, I begin my 5th Semester at Truman. It is a bit hard to believe just how fast times flies. I always begin the year optimistic that I am going to be a better student then I was in the previous semester. This year is no different. However, there are feelings of procrastination to wrestle with, experiences to be had, lessons to be learned, unexpected surpirses to deal with, and birthday cakes to be made.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment