Okay, so I am heading home in a few hours. The first of three weekends that I will be spending at home, all related to the Sister's wedding. It is getting very close. I am excited for all the fun that will be happening in preparation for the wedding. I am almost done planning the bacholorette party. While I am excited for her, I can't help but be sad also. Thinking about the wedding just reminds me that she is going to be moving very soon. I am really going to miss being able to call her up, go over to her apartment, hang out or just do whatever. It is another reminder that we are all adults now.
I am excited to spend time with my family and help my sister prepare for her big day. However, I am going to miss being in Kirksville on the weekends. I will miss my friends and the hijinx that we get into.
Last night, I was reminded what it is like to really enjoy something you are doing and just how much I miss theater. I have been around theatre but never had the right outlet or the courage to get involved. I had accepted that my involvement was watching the shows, which I am more then happy to do! However, watching and hearing about shows doesn't make my desire any less difficult to deal with. I know that I am only average at acting and there are far more talented people. I just have so much fun putting on shows. Acting allows me the chance to be someone else which is comforting for me.
I have a lot of respect for the work that people that are dedicated to theatre do and I never felt that I had the right to be involved. However, being involved with Half Full has allowed me an opportunity to act and help prepare a show. It is the perfect environment for me. I can't express how happy I am that I have gotten involved with this group. It has even inspired me to try an audition just for fun which makes me both excited and nervous.
Also, I have enjoyed following the election. My 2008 election class is really educational and the kids in that class are so passionate about the subject. Watching the debates have also been informative and fun. While I don't want to go to deep into political issues but when someone says that they can see Russia from their house..isn't that a red flag? I am just saying...
See you after the break.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment