Sunday, June 7, 2009

Been Waiting Around For The Weekend...

Well its a rainy day so I thought I jot down some thoughts. The school year ended with a great, if not a little bit of a crazy, week. The show was so much fun and I loved watching my favorite people get to do what they love. I also learned that celebrating is awesome but need to be a little more careful.

Anyway after the parties were over and all the finals taken. I packed up many of my belongings and the left the Rev. for the parent's house. I miss the Rev. and everybody so incredibly bad. However, the weekend visit with everyone made for a great time and helped with some of the school sickness. On the other hand, I wish so very much that people's visit would have been under different circumstances.

Living back at home isn't all bad. Especially with my job for the summer. Interning for Emmis Communications. I am learning a lot about interacting with all kinds of different people and the amount of energy it requires. It is differently making me work on my interpersonal skills. The job has also given me several opportunities to do some pretty awesome things. Pointfest, Yeah Yeah Yeah's show and Heritage Fest. I am really enjoying this internship.

While I love the Emmis job, it doesn't pay. This means that I am working other jobs to meet the summer expenses. Starting next Monday I am babysitting at a country club. That will be interesting but hopefully fun experience. As well as working for my dad's lawn care service. The other day I mowed six lawns as well as my chapstick. Also working some hours at the grocery store.

Looking forward to working more for the radio stations, seeing friends, and mini-vacations to Chicago and Kville.

Currently listening to The Essential Johnny Cash Album.

P.S. I got my first set of real stiches today. They come out in a week.

No comments: